WPS files are from Microsoft Works, which was popular before, but not common used today. Facing to the old WPS files, there are some methods to help you convert them to common formats.
1. How to convert a WPS file to a DOC, DOCX or TXT fileOne method is to use Microsoft Word.
1. Open WPS files with Microsoft Word.
2. Click "Save as..." from File on the on the top menu. Choose *.doc or *.docx from "Save as type" dropdown box.
3. Click "Save" to finish converting.
The second methods is to rename the file extension by ourselves.
1. Right-click on the WPS file, select "Rename"
2. We have changed the extension manually.
The third methods is to use Word Viewer.
1. The software named Word Viewer is wanted, which let you view, copy and print Microsoft Works and Microsoft Word documents, without those programs installed. Download and install it.
2. Open WPS files with word viewer, and copy the text.
3. Create a new DOC or DOCX document to paste that text 0nto. Remember pay attention to the format.
4. Save it to DOC format.
If the methods above doesn't work, you can download and install a WPS converter. It can help us convert the WPS file to a .doc or .docx file.
All the ways above can also be used to converted WPS files to TXT.
2. How to convert a WPS file to a PDF file1. Right-click on the WPS files and the context menu appears. Click "Open With..." on it. From the applications list, select "Microsoft Works Word Processor". Open WPS file in it.
2. Select "Print"; from the File on the top menu. The Print dialog is opened up.
3. Click "Adobe PDF" from Printer dropdown box.
4. Click the "OK", and the "Save PDF File As..." dialog will reach.
5. Name the new PDF file from the File Name input box.
6. Click the "Save" to save the WPS file. We succeed in converting the WPS file into PDF.
7. Download a PDF reader that you can view the PDF file, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader.
3. How to convert WPS files to OpenOfficeThere are two ways to help us convert WPS files to OpenOffice.
One is to use Word Viewer
1. We need to download and install the free software, named Word Viewer.
2. Use Word Viewer to open WPS files, and make a copy of the text.
3. Open a new OpenOffice document to paste the copied text into. Remember pay attention to the format.
4. Save it into ODT format.
Another is to use OpenOffice variants
1. First, download and install an OpenOffice variant, including Oxygen Office Professional, NeoOffice and Your Open Office, which can open WPS files.
2. If you have OpenOffice installed, uninstall it and install a variant of it.
3. You can use the variant to open WPS file and save it to ODT format.
There is other method -Online Conversion. There is a kind of website like ZamZar and Convert WPS to DOCX Online to help you convert WPS to any files, such as PDF, DOC, DOCX, TXT, etc. You just follow several easy steps, and then the converting will be finished.
Support For- Microsoft Support Microsoft Office 2010 Support Microsoft Office 2013 Support